For the pumpkin layer:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil,
- 1 cup pumpkin puree,
- 1/8 cup honey,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger,
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves,
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla.
For the caramel layer:
- 15 dates, pitted and soaked briefly in boiling water,
- 1/8-1/4 cup coconut milk,
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla,
- 3-5 tablespoon water.
- Mix coconut oil, honey, pumpkin and spices together in a saucepan,
- After that the ingredients are mixed together very well pout into a baking pan and place in the freezer to set,
- Add dates to the food processor and pulse until they are broken down,
- Add about half of the water and coconut milk and pulse to combine.
- Add the remaining water, coconut milk, vanilla and salt, and pulse until well combined,
- After approx 45 minutes take the pumpkin layer out of the freezer and top with the date caramel,
- Place bake in the freezer so set further.