Serves: 750 ml
- 5 ripe bananas,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla,
- 3,5 dl water,
- 17 dkg xillit, (1 dkg = 0,35 oz),
- 1 juice of lemon.
- Peel the bananas, slice and cut then put into a saucepan,
- Add all other ingredients and heat over medium high approx. 30-45 minutes,
- Stir constantly the jam, take care to NOT burn the jam,
- Disinfect the jar with hot water then transfer the hot jam into the jars and place the lid on the jars,
- Using the jar lifter, lower the jars into the boiling water and process for 10 minutes,
- Remove from the water bath canner using the jar lifter and allow to cool completely on a towel on the counter,
- After 2 days store in the refrigerator and you can now eat.
Source of image: flickr.com